Why is a Professional Headshot Important?
- Your headshot is a first impression and what people judge you by.
- People determine whether or not they want to approach or do business with you based on your headshot.
- A good headshot is necessary for all social media platforms.
Why Aren’t Selfies Good Enough?
- Your headshot is an investment.
- How you portray yourself in a portrait determines how serious people will take you.
- A professional headshot opens more doors for you in your career!
When Should I Get a New Headshot?
You Need a New Headshot If:
- You’ve dramatically changed your hairstyle.
- You’ve lost or gained weight that makes you look significantly different.
- It’s been 2+ years since your last headshot was taken.
- You’re starting a new job or career and want to update your photo.
- Your current headshot doesn’t match your brand or business.
- Your old headshot is blurry, pixelated, or outdated.
- You’ve changed your appearance in other ways that your prior headshot doesn’t show (tattoos, piercings, etc.)
- You don’t have any professional photos of yourself – only selfies!
What If I’m Not Very Photogenic?
- What matters is you being your authentic self in front of the camera.
- If you’re a super smiley person then show us those pearly whites!
- Or if you are more reserved, then that’s great too.
- It’s our job to portray your best self when you book a session.
What Makes a Great Headshot?
- Sincerity – don’t be something you’re not.
- It’s all in the lighting.
- Your posing and head positions – leave that to us!
- Our editing.
How Can I Book a Session?
You can book your session here: https://book.redoctoberfirm.com/
Where Are You Located?
- One Regency Drive, Suite 106, Bloomfield, CT 06002
We’re right across the street from the Ocean State Job Lot plaza.
What Type of Events Do You Photograph?
We photograph a wide variety of events! From baby showers to anniversary parties.
Here are a few other events we have shot in the past:
- Birthday Parties
- Graduation Parties
- Engagement Parties
- School Recitals
- Speaking Engagements
- Community Events
- School Activities
What If I Need:
- Pictures for My Business
- A New Logo
- And Content to Post On My Social Media Pages
How Would You Package All of These Different Services?
- Not a problem!
- A custom media package will be created to fit your photography and graphic design needs.
How Long Have You Been in Business?
- Red October Firm was founded in 2018.
How Far Should We Book in Advance?
- As soon as you’re sure of a date.
Why Do I Have to Pay a Deposit?
- A deposit guarantees you’ll have a session on the specific date and time you choose.
- Without a deposit, we can’t hold the date for you.
- If you cancel or need to reschedule your session a second time, a new deposit is required.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
How Long Does It Take to Receive My Photos?
- Turnaround time is typically 3 – 7 days depending on how many images you choose to purchase.
- For event photography, the turnaround time is 7-14 days.
- This time is needed for editing and retouching your images.
How Long Does It Take to Design My Logo?
- The process to design your logo can range from 7 – 14 days depending on how many revisions you request.
- We’ll first start with an initial phone call so we can get a better understanding of what your vision is for your logo.
- Half of the logo price is required as a deposit upfront to start (non-refundable).
- After we receive your deposit, we sketch out 3-5 concepts for your logo.
- We’ll then get in contact with you to see which concept you like best.
- From there we will finalize your logo, and contact you a second time to confirm you’re happy with the logo.
- If any revisions are needed we’ll work on the logo and get back to you in a day or two.
- Depending on the logo package you purchase, there is a limit to how many revisions are included. After X amount of revisions, it would then be $25 per revision if needed.
- Once you approve of the logo design, you’ll send the remaining balance that’s due.
- We will then email you your logo in multiple file formats or whichever formats you need (PNG, JPEG, PDF, PSD, etc.)
Do You Offer Group Sessions For Companies?
- Yes, we do. Group sessions are great for big businesses and companies who need new headshots for all of their employees.
- Contact us to get a quote for your group session.
What’s Included in a Photography Package?
- Our photography education, training and experience.
- High tech lighting and camera equipment.
- Time in the Red October Studio or the location of your choice.
- Experience in posing and facial expressions.
- Digital files.
- Retouching and professional editing.
- A fun experience where it’s all about you!
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Do You Provide Other Design Services?
Yes! We design the following:
- Album covers
- Book covers
- Social Media Content
Do You Travel?
- Yes, we do.
- Although, we do charge a travel fee anywhere outside the Hartford County Area.
How Do I Prepare For My Photoshoot?
It’s best if you read this blog post we created for you!
How Long Does a Session Take?
- It depends on which package you purchased, but a session can last 30 minutes to an hour.
Can I Bring a Friend?
- Absolutely! Bring anyone you think will make you more comfortable during your Photoshoot.